Introducing the Online Laser Training distance-learning course as a ‘Core of Knowledge’ (CoK) training module to provide you with a fundamental understanding of laser and light technology, how light interacts with skin to produce specific biological effects and how to use laser and intense pulsed light (IPL) safely. It also covers relevant standards and regulations governing their use in a professional setting in different jurisdictions.
It is a legal obligation in some UK jurisdictions (Wales & N.I.) and in some states of Australia that a ‘Core of Knowledge’ course from a recognised or approved trainer is provided as a requirement of registration and/or licencing.
The training video will be provided for you to study the course materials in detail (i.e. workbooks) and complete the online multiple-choice assessments at the end of each section.
The learning outcome is an independently accredited, nationally recognised, Level 4 Award to the named student.
This online course is worth 3 CPD learning credits (UK) or 3 CEU's and 18 CPD points (Australia & New Zealand) which is equivalent to a notional 30 hours of learning. Typically, the course takes 2-5 days to complete, with a 4 week maximum duration.
EACH COURSE IS BASED ON THE COUNTRIES INDIVIDUAL REGULATORY REQUIREMENTS
- Basic ‘must have’ course for new laser or intense light source users
- Student resource workbook
- Multiple choice assessments at the end of each of the four units
- Provisional certificate provided instantly online
- Independently issued Level 4 accreditation by OCN Credit4Learning follows by post
- 3 CPD learning credits (UK) equivalent to 3 CEU and 18 CPD points (Australia & New Zealand)