This course is intended for learners in United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, Australia and New Zealand.
Members of the following groups will find this Core of Knowledge course useful in developing a better basic understanding of light-based technology and its application in cutaneous therapy:
- Registered doctors, surgeons, nurses, dentists and other health care professionals who provide treatments using Class 3B or 4 lasers, IPL and LEDs.
- This course includes the use of Class 3B or 4 lasers for the treatment of disease, disorder or injury.
- Aesthetic establishments where Class 3B or 4 lasers, IPL and LEDs are used in a clinic or salon/spa.
- Practitioners who provide laser and IPL services in various locations.
- Clinical scientists, clinical technologists, service engineers and other healthcare professionals including physiotherapists, podiatrists, chiropodists, etc.
It will also help meet the requirements of employers and local regulatory authorities.